Memory Care at The Homeplace at Midway
Personalized, Supportive Care
We provide dignified, supportive Memory Care for those living with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other cognitive impairments. Our Memory Care residents are cared for in a secure, calming environment that encourages a sense of peace so they can enjoy their best days. Our skilled team of caregivers provides personalized care that meets each individual’s needs and builds strong, trusted friendships.
The Best Friends™ Approach to care is especially beneficial to our Memory Care residents. Our caregivers become their Best Friends, learning their stories and individual challenges in order to offer the greatest level of support and encouragement possible.
Memory Care Services Include:
- Individualized wellness plan
- One-on-one guidance
- Personalized services, including:
- Medication management
- Assistance with activities of daily living (dressing, bathing, eating, etc.)
- Chronic disease management
- Ambulation assistance
- Housekeeping, linen and laundry services
- Three delicious meals a day, all freshly prepared in the cottage's main kitchen and served family-style
- Made-to-order breakfast
- Flexible schedules that meet resident's preferences
Memory Care Amenities Include:
- Individually locking medicine closet in each suite
- Beautiful environment with lush vistas and surroundings
- Exterior walking paths with rest areas and exercise stations
- Raised gardens
- Open space
- Screened porches and secure outdoor space
Programs and activities in our Memory Care community are not only personalized to our residents’ interests, but they also help to promote cognitive functioning and reminiscence as well as encourage the greatest amount of independence possible. We adapt activities to each resident’s current strengths and abilities and provide assistance whenever necessary. Our programs are designed to add pleasant moments of purpose and joy to each day. We frequently use holistic therapies, such as music, art and aromatherapy, and other meaningful activities that provide a sense of identity and comfort.
At The Homeplace at Midway, our staff is specially trained in dementia care, equipped with a comprehensive understanding of this progressive disease and how to give residents the support they need in every situation. Even as residents enter into the later stages of Alzheimer’s, our caregivers know how to respond to their challenging behaviors and symptoms with compassion and respect for the residents’ dignity.